Easy, Allergy Friendly, Organic Waffles

This is such a great recipe for this food allergy household and especially on those busy weekends! I also use this recipe to make a big batch of pancakes and freeze them for the month. Just double the recipe and place 4 medium size pancakes in a small freezer locked bag and then I put all of those bags in a large freezer locked bag then freeze them. The night before a school day, I take one out and put it in the refrigerator and pop in microwave next morning for 30 seconds. It's one of those recipes that make you feel good as a mommy so it's great for school mornings!!

Today though, I used the animal waffle maker (bought it at target for $20). I still made a double batch and I froze them as well. The boys love these character ones though and they seem to like them plain as snacks too!

Recipe:

-2 cups of flour (i use organic whole wheat)
-1/4 of sugar (I used agave and because I used whole wheat I needed 1/4 of a cup to make them sweet enough)
-1 mashed organic banana
-1 teaspoon of baking powder
-2 tablespoons of Newman organic olive oil
-1 cup of milk (we used rice milk)
-Sprinkle of cinnamon
-Pinch of salt


Mix all together, use a little organic spray oil and its that easy!!

Best with some fresh berries and organic maple syrup! Enjoy!!